Anna Guest – Associate Counselor
Anna is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2153) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). Anna holds a diploma in Transpersonal Counselling Psychology from Clearmind International Institute, as well as a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Education from the University of British Columbia.
Anna approaches counselling with compassion, thoughtfulness, intuition and a deep desire to create a safe and caring environment for her clients where they can explore their inner world, their thoughts, and their feelings. It is often unprocessed feelings and unconscious beliefs that lead to difficulty in our lives. When clients are able to access those vulnerable parts of themselves in a supported environment, transformation can occur. Different choices and ways of being become possible. Anna’s goal as a counsellor is to support her clients to move through whatever struggle they are facing and ultimately feel more connected in their relationships and more empowered in their life.
I believe that crisis and difficulty in life, while painful, are actually an opportunity for growth. My experience with therapy began in my late 20’s when I reached a particularly low point where every relationship I pursued fell apart. I finally realized I needed to do something differently and I decided to seek help. With support, I discovered deeply rooted fears about myself were influencing my choice in partner. Once I faced those feelings I was able to choose differently.
My clients include individuals and couples. I believe that no matter what the presenting issue, everyone has a story which deserves to be told, heard, and understood. I support my clients to uncover their pain and hurt, so that they may gain awareness in the midst of their struggle and ultimately make choices in alignment with what they want in their life.
My therapeutic approach includes a combination of Person Centered, Family Systems Theory, Gottman Method, Gestalt and Transpersonal perspectives. I don’t believe in a “one size fits all” therapy – every client is different – therefore therapy is a natural and evolving process and its pace and intensity will vary depending on the needs of the client.
It can be almost impossible to navigate crisis alone. I believe that one of the bravest things anyone can do is ask for help to face their walls and struggles.
Education and Certifications
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (ACCT #2153)
- Healing Attachment Wounds with AEDP: Introduction to Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Processing – with Karen Kranz (2018)
- Neuroplasticity in Action: Rewiring Internal Working Models of Attachment – with Ron J. Frederick (2018)
- Introduction to EFT with Couples– with Richard Harrison (2018)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Completed Level 1 (2018)
- Postpartum Depression Workshop for Counsellors (2017)
- Clearmind International Institute – Senior Assistant for counsellor training program (2015-2018)
- Clearmind International Institute – Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling (2009)
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Education (2005)
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Science (1998)