Rhea Shroff – Associate Counsellor
Rhea’s Office Hours
All sessions with Rhea are Online
Availability: Alternate weeks
Week 1: Monday and Tuesday, 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Week2: Friday 4:00pm – 7:00pm, Saturday 11:00am – 5:00pm
Rhea Shroff is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2360) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). She graduated from Clearmind International and received a Diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling.
Born and raised in Mumbai, India, Rhea moved to Vancouver, Canada at the age of 23. She has always been interested in people’s stories. Curious to know how a person has got to where they are today. Curious to understand what has happened in that person’s life till that very moment.
Rhea’s Approach and Treatment Philosophy
Life can be challenging and, at times, overwhelming. We find ourselves stuck, wondering how to move forward. Life transitions like divorce, parenting, co-parenting, career changes, immigrating or moving can be stressful and leave us wondering how to cope. We could find ourselves in relationships, whether it be family, friendships or romantic partnerships, struggling with patterns and behaviours that do not serve us or the relationship. All of the above can be stressful creating constant rumination and anxiety that can be draining with no energy for much else. I hear you. I see you. You are not alone.
I offer you a space where you can take a breath and release some of the heavy load you are carrying. In therapy, we will journey together into self-discovery to deepen self-awareness. We will explore, uncover and unhook from behaviour patterns and belief systems that may be the source of your struggle. I will support you in understanding the root of the issue, change your relationship to it and build awareness. Accessing this inner wisdom allows you to respond rather than react building resilience and resources for the future.
My approach is holistic and trauma-informed. My therapeutic training and practice is a combination of modalities including transpersonal, person-centered, gestalt, family systems and intergenerational trauma therapy integrated with somatic and mindful techniques.
I work with you wherever you are at with an open, compassionate heart, a curious, non-judgmental presence, and an abundance of spirit to be with you in your dark places and help you find spaces to let your light shine through. I believe you have an internal strength, when accessed, can get you through circumstances that seem insurmountable.
When you forge a deeper connection with yourself it sets the foundation for discovering or re-discovering your purpose, passion and vitality which in turn, enriches your personal and professional relationships. I am here to support you in taking your next steps towards living your life to the fullest.
Areas of Focus: Anxiety, Stress, Intergenerational trauma, Life transitions, Parenting, Single-parents, Grief, Loss, Trauma, Self-esteem, Boundaries and Resilience building.
Our sessions may include talk therapy, genograms (mapping your family of origin’s inherited traumas and losses that may be holding you back), experiential processes (including inner child work), the use of breath and mindful techniques to explore sensations and feelings within your body guiding us to the underlying feeling that is at the source of your struggle/situation. Before engaging in any process, I will always ask for your permission before proceeding.
“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In this space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”Viktor Frankl
Certifications & Training
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor with ACCT (#2360)
- “When the Past is Present” Healing Emotional Triggers, Limiting Beliefs and Intergenerational Trauma, Trish Walsh, Vancouver, Canada, 2021
- Advanced Training: Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters—How to Work with Inundation and Rejection with The Family Constellation Institute with Mark Wolynn, San Francisco, USA, 2021
- Inherited Family Trauma Training with The Family Constellation Institute with Mark Wolynn, San Francisco, USA, 2020
- Undoing Aloneness Trauma Training Workshop, Trish Walsh & Galen Hutcheson, Vancouver, Canada, 2020
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program, The Centre for Mindfulness Canada, North Vancouver, Canada, 2019
- Trauma-Informed Practice – Level 2 Certificate, Alyson Quinn, Vancouver, Canada, 2019
- Trauma-Informed Practice – Level 1 Certificate, Trish Walsh & Alyson Quinn, Vancouver, Canada, 2019
- Professional Ethics, Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists, Vancouver, Canada, 2019
- Diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling, Clearmind International Institute, Vancouver, Canada, 2019
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Production & Design Technology, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada, 2002
- Bachelor of Commerce, H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Bombay, India, 1996.