Olivia Nelson – Associate Counselor
Olivia's Office Hours North Vancouver: Tuesday, Thursday Online: Varies
Olivia Nelson is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2145) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). Olivia holds a diploma in Transpersonal Counselling Psychology from Clearmind International Institute, as well as a BA(hons) from Manchester University in the UK. Olivia also has 28 years’ experience designing and facilitating personal growth, creativity, and leadership workshops and programs for groups and corporations in the UK, US and Canada.
Olivia’s Approach and Experience
In my counselling practice I use a number of techniques including person centred, Bowen Family Systems Theory, Gestalt, NLP, transpersonal and somatic focus. I hold an encouraging, safe and creative space for individuals and couples to share and be met with compassion and safety. I feel that in the middle of any dilemma, struggle, darkness or conflict that meaning can be found and transformation is possible. My job is to shine a light so that you can remember this and in turn it can lead to hope, confidence, clarity and purpose.
I started my counselling career eight years ago having already been in the field of personal growth for more than 20 years. This added a new and deeper level to my work. I felt strongly through all I had learned and experienced that although clients seemed to be reaching a level of aliveness in their lives there were still blocks that were in the way. These blocks were often deep routed and hard to change and resulted in patterns of behaviour that didn’t serve but repeated. What is now clear to me is that these places that we can feel stuck in (with ourselves, relationships, family and career) are also places full of potential, power and purpose.
Alongside counselling Olivia presently works part time as a workshop facilitator for Clearmind Int. (Awakening & SPLASH), leads a bi-weekly Support Group (for the last 5 years) and has worked as an assistant instructor for their counselling program. Also, with her performance background and previously working as a professional actress she can still be found diving into various creative projects, directing, performing or teaching.
Education & Professional Development
- Enlightenment Intensives – Murray Kennedy 2014 – 2019
- AEDP training 2017
- CHANGE – Psychology of Vision – 2016
- There Is A Better Way – Psychology of Vision – 2016
- Transpersonal Counselling – Diploma 2014
- Pure Energy Level 1 (Tasha Simms) – 2014
- Meisner Teaching Certificate Program Level 1 & 2 – 2009 to 2010
- The Summit Leadership Program – Clearmind Int. – 2010
- Rude Awakening Leadership Program – Clearmind Int.- 2009
- One-Year Leadership Programme – Diploma – 2001
- Manchester University 1st Bachelor of Arts Degree – Acting – 1997
- One Year Professional Acting – 1995
- Access in Performing Arts – 1994
- RSA Dance to music – 1992