Melody Hazelton – Associate Counsellor
Melody’s Office Hours
All sessions with Melody are Online
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am-4:00pm (with flexibility)
Melody Hazelton is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2503) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT) and a Counselling Therapist (#1055) with the Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA). She is an instructor of counselling psychology for the Practitioners Training Program offered by Clearmind International Institute, which provides career training for counsellors. Melody is also a Certified Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator and Keeping the Joy in Relationships Facilitator.
Melody’s Approach and Treatment Philosophy
I believe that with the right support, we can become more centered, resourceful, balanced and confident. We can improve our ability to be more accountable for our life, our choices, and our relationships. We can build the skills and tools needed to help us focus our energy and time on what truly matters, including ourselves. We can have the freedom to choose how we want to be in the world. It can authentically come from a place of vitality, wisdom and generosity of spirit.
I practice from an anti-oppression, justice oriented, feminist and relational perspective. I draw on my own personal experience, my background in teaching and my professional training. I believe in a holistic approach to counselling, drawing on several perspectives based on the individual needs of my clients. My intention is to provide a safe space and emotional support as you move toward your own personal growth and healing. A compassionate facilitator, I am here to encourage, support and challenge you as we work together to reach your goals.
Transpersonal Psychology, Alderian Psychology, Positive Psychology, Person Centered, Narrative Therapy, Bowen Family Systems Theory, Gestalt Therapy, Somatic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gestalt Therapy, Somatic Therapy, Mindfulness.
Individuals, Couples, Parenting, Relationships, Family, Youth, Anxiety, Stress, Trauma, Life Transitions, Boundaries, Self Esteem, Women’s Issues.
Education & Professional Development
- Brainspotting Therapist, Phase 1, Brainspotting International, 2022
- EFT/TFT Master Practitioner, The Priority Academy, 2022
- Basic Principles of Somatic Experiencing, Somatic Experiencing International, 2022
- Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator, Positive Discipline Association, 2021
- Navigating White Privilege Constructively as a Counsellor, ACCT, 2021
- Clinician’s Suicide Prevention Summit, PESI Inc., 2021
- Radical Anti-Bias Education: Cultivating True Comrades in Struggle, White Awake, 2021
- Certified Keeping the Joy in Relationships Educator, Positive Discipline Association, 2021
- Alderian Speaker Series, 2021
- The Art of Facilitating, 2021
- Happy Family Conference, Mindful Parenting & Mental Awareness, 2020
- Positive Discipline Conference & Think Tank, 2020
- Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, Positive Discipline Association, 2019
- Transpersonal Therapeutic Counsellor Training Program, Clearmind International Institute, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, Athabasca University, 2005