Laura Bradley – Clinical Director and Counselor
Laura is currently accepting new clients on a waiting-list for June.
Laura’s Office Hours
All client sessions with Laura are online
Monday: 9:30am – 2:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Wednesday: 9:30am – 2:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 11:00am
Laura Bradley is a Master Therapeutic Counsellor and a Registered Counselling Supervisor (MTC #2014, RCS #2022) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT) and a Counselling Therapist (#2199) with the Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA). She is also a Certified Group Facilitator.
Laura has worked in the field since 1993 and she possesses a wealth of experience working with couples, individuals, and families in the areas of communication, intimacy and depression. She gathered all of her training, experience, and expertise and founded Steadfast Counselling in 2005.
For years, Laura taught two levels of Practitioner training, a three-year counselling training program with Clearmind International, where she currently sits as a member of the Educational Advisory Committee. She has developed and facilitated personal growth workshops and has considerable experience facilitating group work.
Laura is a registered supervisor with Association of Cooperative Therapists of Canada. She has completed all three levels of Competency based Framework for Effective Supervision Practice. She has more than 10 years experience as supervision counsellors and is newly qualified to teach the first level of supervision training.
Laura is also a community trainer and educator. Her main areas of expertise are marriage, relationships, anxiety, grief, trauma, depression, post partum adjustment, family dynamics and parenting. She has appeared on City TV, was an expert guest for C-Fun radio, and has contributed to articles in The Globe and Mail and Today’s Parent in regards to postpartum and parenting issues.
“She can be trusted on every level. She helped me through a very painful personal situation that could have torn my family apart. With her care, compassion and ability to guide a person through crisis by entering their world without any judgement, she helped me to find the resources to walk through my pain instead of staying stuck in it. She never gave up on me even when I felt I had given up on myself!” M.A.H.
“I find Laura has the ability to access that inner part of me that believes in “me” and bring it forth. She asks just the right questions to make me look at myself and come to some new realization or access an inner strength that had always been within me. She always does this with compassion, caring and a great sense of humor too! She has motivated me to keep going in my schooling and motivated me to deal with my life situation in a healthier way. She has kept me on track at times when I myself forgot what my “track” actually was.” D.K.
“Laura is compassionate and insightful, and she creates a safe space essential to the process of personal transformation.
Laura is profoundly intuitive and seems to ask the right questions at the right time. While she is capable of taking us out of our comfort zones in order that we may face our issues directly she is respectful of boundaries and is willing to wait with us until we can gather courage to take the next step.
I would recommend Laura to anyone seeking personal development and relationship counselling; she is one of those rare people whose energy makes the world seem instantly a better place.” K and K R.
My vision is to support clients in journeying inward to discover their true potential. Loss and struggles are inevitable, and it is in how we respond to them that we have the hugest impact over our quality of life.
In counselling, we start to heal the beliefs that keep each and every one of us separate, and we walk towards intimacy and connection. Sessions, therefore, do not follow a prescribed formula; they are a process, and it is you that sets the curriculum and the pace. I am there to facilitate and support you reaching your goals.
I believe that counselling is a collaborative process, where both you and counsellor work together to meet your goals. Counselling provides a compassionate and nonjudgmental presence that supports you in exploring what you need in order to expand and to reclaim the gifts of the past, and to find your own direction from the inside. I seek to use the counselling methods that are best suited to each client’s particular needs.
My counselling approach is mainly based on philosophy from Attachment Theory, Neuroscience, Bowen Systems Theory, and Transpersonal Counselling, although I also make use of Neuro-Linguistic Processing, Gestalt and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. With couples I also use Emotionally Focused Therapy and the work of the Gottmans and Harville Hendricks.
Education & Professional Registrations
- “Transforming Relationships through Healing Relational Deprivation and Trauma” By David Mars, February 2019 1 day (8hrs)
- Richard and Veronica EFT and AEDP – Tuning into the Therapist and Self 16hrs
- Core Training AEDP with Karen K – Jan 2019 – June 2019
- Heart to Heart Indigenous Relations consultation – Indigenous Allyship training 2 days 16 hours
- “AEDP for couples: Transforming Relationships through Healing Relational Deprivation and Trauma” David Mars, February 2019
- “Transforming Trauma through Fierce Love: Using the AEDP Therapist’s Bold, Embodied Presence” with Dr. SueAnne Piliero, September 2018
- AEDP Essential Core Training Course, July 2018
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Grief, Loss, and Bereavement Care”, February 2018
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Substance Use Disorder Treatment”, January 2018
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Infidelity in Relationships”, January 2018
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Trauma”, December 2017
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, The Unconscious Inner Workings of Anxiety”, October 2017
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Family Systems”, October 2017
- “Experience of Awe in Psychotherapy: Working with Spirituality in AEDP”, September 2017
- “Therapeutic Practices: Interventions for the Counselling Therapist, Divorce and Separation”, September 2017
- “Speaking to the Hearts of Men” with the B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors, April 2017
- AEDP Immersion Course, February 2017
- Level 3: Train-the-Trainer, 2016
- Level 2: Implementation of Supervision Practice, 2016
- Level 1: Supervision Training Program for Private Practice Counsellors, 2015
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy with the Ellyn Bader Ph.D Couples Institute, September 2014-June 2015
- Registered Counselling Supervisor (RCS #2022), ACCT, April 2014
- AEDP Catalyzing Secure Attachment with Benjamin Lipton LCSW, October 2013
- The Johnson-Gottman Summit, Dr. Sue Johnson, Dr. Julie Gottman & Dr. John Gottman, July 2013
- Engaging Traumatized Clients who Avoid Attachment, Closeness and Painful Feelings, with Robert Muller, Ph.D., April 2013
- A Living Systems Conference: `Generation to Generation: The Interplay between Genes and Family Process`, February 2012
- Core skills in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples, October 2008 – May 2009
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy, July 2008
- Registered Counselling Supervisor
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor
- Master Practitioner in Counselling Psychology #2014
- Registered Professional Counsellor (RPC #2014) with the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association
- 3-Year Counsellor Training Program in Applied Transpersonal Psychology from Clearmind International Institute.
- “Scared Stiff: Fast, Effective Treatment for Anxiety Disorders” with Dr. David Burns
- “Working with Couples” with Dr. Harville Hendrix Ph.D and Dr. Janis Abrahams Spring, Ph.D.
- Group Facilitator Training in post partum depression, and anxiety disorder
- Trained facilitator of The Mastery of Self Expression
- Acceptance and Mindfulness in Clinical Practice Workshop with Dr. Steven Hayes
- Level One AEDP Counsellor
I am continually updating skills by participating in community and professional workshops.