JeeYe Yoon – Junior Associate Counselor
JeeYe is accepting new clients.
JeeYe’s Office Hours
JeeYe Yoon is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor Candidate (RTC#2881) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). She graduated from Clearmind International and received a Diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling.
Hi everyone! My name is JeeYe (pronounced JeeYeh or the letters G-A). I was born in South Korea and when I was 7 years old, my parents decided to immigrate to Vancouver, Canada. Moving to a new country at a young age, I faced struggles and challenges, especially around physical differences, language, and culture. Confusion arose and I often found my young self with questions circling around “Who am I?” “What am I supposed to be like?” and “Where do I fit in?”
Time and again I found myself searching for a safe place and person/people, as my home and parents were unable to secure safety for me. Then in my mid 20s, after being diagnosed with a life altering health condition, I came to therapeutic counselling. I was sitting in a place of doubt, confusion, and hopelessness. I was convinced I would be broken, incomplete and not worthy to be part of society. I viewed myself as a body and soul filled with problems. However, with time, counselling offered healing, and with courage and support, I was able to explore areas of my life with curiosity and an open mind and heart. This journey asked for patience, time, self-love, and connection. This allowed me to reconnect and reclaim parts of me that I became disconnected with. Healing brought forth a life of living, passion, and authenticity.
My belief is that we are all worthy of living a life filled with authenticity, love, and connection. We are much more than our stories and pasts.
I offer you a safe space for your story to be shared, for your experiences to be seen, heard, and recognized. In therapy, you will be met with care, compassion, empathy, and genuine curiosity.
Together we can work to:
- discover what it is that is holding you back, placing you in a place of “stuckness,”
- bring awareness and an understanding to the core cause of your struggles on a mental and emotional level, and
- provide resources to help build courage and resilience as we work on examining and adopting a new pattern of thinking, feeling and living.
Book an Appointment with JeeYe
- Transpersonal Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Person-Centered Approach
- Bowen Family System Theory
- Intergenerational Trauma Therapy
All of these are combined with a experiential and holistic approach—mind, body, heart, and spirit. Mindfulness and self-compassion strategies are encouraged in our sessions.
Education & Certifications
- Deb Dana’s Polyvagal Informed Therapy Master Class with special guest Stephen Porges, PhD, Present
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1: Bridging the Couples Chasm, 2022
- Inherited Family Trauma, Mark Wolynn, 2022
- Foundations in Somatic Abolitionism, Resmaa Menakem, 2021
- Trauma Informed Practice Training Level 1, Canadian Psychological Association, 2021
- Diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling, Clearmind International Institute, Vancouver, Canada, 2018-2021
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing, British Columbia Institute of Technology , Burnaby, Canada, 2006-2009