Anna Guest – Associate Counselor
Anna’s Office Hours
Currently all client sessions with Anna are online
Online: 12pm – 6pm with flexibility, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Future in-person schedule
New Westminster: Tuesday, Thursday
Anna Guest is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2153) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). Anna holds a diploma in Transpersonal Counselling Psychology from Clearmind International Institute, as well as a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Education from the University of British Columbia.
Anna approaches counselling with compassion, thoughtfulness, intuition and a deep desire to create a safe and caring environment for her clients where they can explore their inner world, their thoughts, and their feelings. Anna’s goal as a counsellor is to support her clients to move through whatever struggles they are facing and ultimately feel more connected to themselves, more satisfied in their relationships and more empowered to live the life they desire.
My Personal Journey
I believe that crisis and difficulty in life — while painful — are an opportunity for growth. My personal experience with therapy began in my late 20’s when I reached a particularly low point where every relationship I pursued fell apart. I had also just begun a career as a high school teacher that did not feel quite “right.”
With support, I discovered deeply rooted fears and beliefs about myself. Once I faced those feelings, I was able to connect with my true self and a sense of my inherent worth. This allowed me to make new, more authentic and fulfilling choices — not only with my future partner, but in all my relationships. It also allowed me to pursue my passion of a career in counselling.
My clients include individuals and couples.
I have experience working cross-culturally and with LGBTQIA individuals.
I believe that no matter what the presenting issue, everyone has a story which deserves to be told, heard, and understood. It is often unprocessed feelings and unconscious beliefs that lead to difficulty in our lives. When clients can access those vulnerable parts of themselves in a supported environment, transformation can occur.
My therapeutic approach is primarily based on AEDP — Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy. AEDP is relational and experiential, meaning the client-therapist relationship is vital to the therapeutic process, and in sessions we seek to experience feelings rather than talk about them.
Other influences include Person Centered, Family Systems Theory, EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), Gestalt and Transpersonal perspectives.
I believe that we all have an innate capacity to grow and heal, but we often need the help of a safe, supportive other person to do so. In sessions with me, I will help you to rediscover and connect with your true, authentic self and tap into the wisdom and strength that have been in you all along.
“I really can’t say enough about the difference our work has made in my life. I have made so much more progress than I ever expected to and I feel like now I’m looking out into opportunities to grow in ways that wouldn’t even have made sense before. So thank you so, so, so much for being you and doing what you do.”
“My partner and I met with Anna over a three-month period to get through a very difficult time in our relationship. We chose Anna after talking to a few other therapists because of her compassion and sincerity. She made us feel like she really understood and cared. Our sessions with Anna helped us rebuild trust, reconnect and come out stronger than ever.”
Education and Certifications
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (ACCT #2153)
- AEDP Level I Therapist
- AEDP Immersion — with Karen Kranz and Jennifer Edlin (2020)
- AEDP for Couples Immersion — with David Mars and Karen Pando-Mars (2019)
- Falling in Love with State One Defenses — with Maria Angelina (2019)
- AEDP for Couples: Transforming Relationships Through Healing Relational Deprivation and Trauma — with David Mars (2019)
- Clearmind International Institute — Instructor for personal growth and counsellor training program (2018-2019)
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples — with Veronica Kallos-Lilly and Yolanda von Hockauf (2018)
- The Self of the Therapist –with Richard Harrison and Veronica Kallos-Lilly (2018)
- Healing Attachment Wounds with AEDP: Introduction to Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Processing — with Karen Kranz (2018)
- Neuroplasticity in Action: Rewiring Internal Working Models of Attachment — with Ron J. Frederick (2018)
- Introduction to EFT with Couples — with Richard Harrison (2018)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy — Level 1 (2018)
- Clearmind International Institute — Senior Assistant for counsellor training program (2015- 2018)
- Postpartum Depression Workshop for Counsellors (2017)
- Clearmind International Institute — Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling (2009)
- University of British Columbia — Bachelor of Education (2005)
- University of British Columbia — Bachelor of Science (1998)